Friday 7 January 2011

First try at vector based portrait

This was my first attempt at a vector based portrait. I used an old photo and illustrator to make this. I plan on trying it some more on other images. To vector base this image I started off by opening a photograph in illustrator, i then made numerous layers on top of this and drew around each part of the image that had a different tone or colour, I then used the eyedropper tool to get the exact colour of the photograph inside the part that I had just outlined. I did this for each part of the image and ended up with a vector based portrait that looks very cartoon like. I really enjoyed this and have decided to use this method for my final images,however I am considering not doing the whole photograph, I want something to be consistent throughout, therefore I might vector base something that is relevant in each image.

No comments:

Post a Comment