Friday 18 February 2011

Playing about with drawings, textures and vector based illustration.

I like this image but I don't think that it is very succesful as a final for Play 2. I would add a bit more colour into it and I would have liked to have used a photo as the base rather than a drawing. I started off with a drawing and scanned this in, I then did vector based illustration on the mouth and the eye and added some lines on the neck and forehead to play about with pattern, I then added a texture on top and turned the opacity right down. I like the idea of mixing techniques as I said that I wanted to try this idea throughout the project for my finals, I really like the pattern in the background as I think that it works well with the image, and I think that the squared background adds to the effect. I think that this images relates well to the Alex Box and Rankin idea, however to relate this more I think that I should have possiblky used a photograph like this underlayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment