Thursday 17 February 2011

A book that i looked at that has influenced me in this project

Box, A.  (2009) Alex Box by Rankin, Westerham Press.


All these images are by Rankin and Alex Box, I love the idea of digitally adding effects to there face that looks like extreme make up. I am going to consider this in my work and look at more of Rankins work to make my images. I also noticed that in a lot of his work, it is hand rendered parts mixed with digital images and digital manipulation. Therefore using different tecniques to create an interesting image with meaning or ambiguity. I think that these images can be ambiguous in a way that you can make up your own assumptions of what you think that they mean or represent. They could be used to show a new idea of beauty or also to represent the idea that people can change themselves, and can encourage people to be different and try new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment