Wednesday 17 November 2010

Kid Spaniard

Kid Spaniard graduated from Brighton University in 1995 with a degree in Illustration/Graphic Design. After flapping about for some time Kid Spaniard ended up living in isolation in Denmark and it was there that I decided that she really was obsessed with colour and started to get excited about colours that exist naturally living alongside man made fakes; the perfect red in a poppy and its contrast  polished over a red plastic bus. The thought of travelling about getting money drawing pictures was very appealing and Kid moved back to the UK, joined Debut and finally moved off to New Zealand in 2006, where she is based, for now.

Kid Spaniard began working on a monthly basis for Wallpaper magazine drawing beautiful people and architectural images, and from that got good exposure. She has gone on to work for Marks & Spencer, Microsoft, Barclaycard, Fortnum & Mason, Unilever, Virgin, British Airways amongst others and many editorial pieces.

Examples of work:


Kid Spaniard's work is an example of some graphic design work that I don't like. Although I quite like simplicity I think that this is too simple. I also don't like the very smooth outlines of the images. I prefer the images to be very crisp.


1 comment:

  1. I agree and I am Kid Spaniard, which is why I am doing something else.

    ReplyDelete