Wednesday 17 November 2010

Pat Morgan

Patrick over the last 4 years has been teaching at Istituto Marangoni UK and has helped students evolve into butterflies of the fashion/styling/graphics industy. With a vast knowledge for design, advertising and image making Patrick has enabled the new and up and coming students branch in to a very competitve market.

A big hello to all you designers/artists/visionaires out there hope you are working hard and pushing yourself to bigger highs. Regarding the life of Patrick Morgan well it is not a long and crazy one just a hard working art loving person wanting to make his mark in the design industry.
As a young little kid I have always strieved in art and design wanting to paint/draw/scribble have fun with anything to create a shape or portrait. Once finding my feet that art was my main THING, then I invested in my pens and pencils and a sack full of sketch books.

I worked my way through Middlesex university on a one year foundation where I took a real love for screen printing and any other printing processes. Print making opened a lot of doors in my art world and pushed both my knowledge for colour, composition and mark making.

Examples of some of his work:

Until looking at Pat Morgans work I was never into the tracing over images to make them cartoon like or to make them illustrations. However from looking at the work I have started to really like it and it has made me want to try it on my own images. I also like the fashion side of his work and how he uses a watercolour effect over the images, much like this Chloe image. This is one of my favourite illustrations that I have seen so far and I plan on trying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment