Friday 25 March 2011

Contact sheet 1

This is a contact sheet from my first proper shoot, I took these images for my finals and I am going to edit them and try and vector base some of them. The shoot was of my 11 year old sister Amy. It was a misty rainy day and I wanted to put her outside in the wind to look slightly dreamy. On this contact sheet is also some cartoon style pictures that I drew with a fineliner and scanned in. I am going to incorporate these into my images somehow.This is my contact sheet of a shoot I did for my finals for this project.
I am going to choose the best one and starting playing about with it.
The shoot was when it was very misty and lightly raining, it is of my sister amy in her dressing gown.
I think that the shoot went fairly well, and after editing I think that I will have some good images to work with. The reason that I had the idea for this shoot was because my sister was walking about the house in her dressing gown and a floaty dress. She was playing with her dolls and it made me think of a fairytale. I thought of it being windy and her dress and dressing gown floating around like she wanted to fly, I therefore took her outside to take the photographs and got the photos that I wanted. Ideas for other fantasy and adventurous style images then came into my mind and I decided that I wanted to work with this idea throughout and try different things. I also wanted to keep the same subject throughout as I think a young girl could add ambiguity to the image, for example, why does she appear to be flying? Why is she outside in the rain and wind? Why is she in the middle of a field? and also I wanted to play with the idea of her being a mystical character, her face isn't shown and no one knows why or who she actually is

No comments:

Post a Comment