Friday 25 March 2011

first final

This image is my first final. I edited the image in photoshop and then decided to do a vector based portrait of just my sistera as I want her to be the only part of the real image that is vector based. I then wanted to use a birds brush in photoshop and so I added brushes into the sky. This then led me to add birds as balloons to her hands to give her the effect of flying away, she appears to be escaping however the real meaning is not shown. I am happy with this image and it's ambiguity. I think that it shows numerous  meanings because Amy does not appear real even though she clearly is a real person as it was a photograph before vector based, however she could also not be real as this could have just been added into a plain landscape image.. The idea of the ballons being birds shows the idea of her flying away to be with the birds. It also represents her in a kind of dream world, I think that this works well because all 11 year olds are quite dreamy and like making up stories., I think that my mystical fantasy idea works with this image. It also reminds me of when she had an imaginary friend when she was younger, therefore links to her life as a child as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment